Table of Contents
Elegance and sophistication are some of the characteristics of the classic style. Many like it, but are afraid to use it and look old-fashioned. So, how to use the classic style in the decoration and have a living room or bedroom fully attuned to today?
Nowadays, a characteristic that we can see in interior design and decoration is that we don’t have to stick to one style. We are eclectic and mix styles – with a lot of study, creativity and care, of course.
And this is how you can insert a lot or a little of the classic style in your environments, giving that touch of elegance and nobility that you want!
And there are a few ways to do that. You must choose the one that most has to do with your personal taste, your budget and even with the architecture of your environment. Let’s take a closer look at this:
How to use the classic style in the decoration and be current?
- Inserting classic details, furniture and accessories in the decoration:
This photo, so simple but beautiful, presents significant, well-studied and interesting mixes of style: The armchair with backrest that resembles the Arn Jacobsen’s Egg and the rest of the body in a format that refers to classic Provencal armchairs.
Notice that the lining print is the famous Vichy that broke out in the 1950s, but is an English adaptation of the so-called gingham, a cotton fabric 18th century. In fact, they are betting on the return of Vichy for this year or next.
In addition, we still have the beautiful Paisley wallpaper, that emerged in the 17th century, of Indian and Persian origin, making it successful in the 60s and 70s.
The photo has become more interesting with so much history, isn’t it? And to know that everything was “in case” is certainly a beauty!
Here we have a recamier with a more contemporary design installed in a very modern room. The piece of furniture became famous when, back in Napoleon’s time, the artist Jacques-Louis David painted the young woman below (Mrs. Recamier) sitting on the piece of furniture:
Chic this business of researching the history of classic furniture isn’t it? Although the recamier, even without that name, is much older. In fact, one of the oldest pieces of furniture – appeared in Egypt and you may have seen films about the time when furniture similar to it appears.
- Adding the contemporary in the way of using the classic:
This beautiful room decorated by designer Neza Cesar could be considered very classic. In addition to other details we can see:
- The boesirie lining (called “boaserrí”) on the walls, originally French from the 17th century, which features raised wooden panels, a super trend nowadays.
The bedside tables are probably beautiful classic antiques.
Up to the head of the bed, which has a classic shape and is covered in a beautiful velvet, classic nature fabric.
It turns out that due mainly to the colors used in decoration, the room is super contemporary, cheerful and youthful. This is a contemporary way of using classic pieces.
Another example is this Bombee dresser (classic Louis XV style) painted on a blue lacquer never imagined at the time it was created.
- “Adhering” to the style in an updated way:
The boiserie and the sophistication of all the details (especially this super refined bedding) is what we can call a contemporary classic style, without exaggeration, but with a lot of refinement.
So, are you already thinking about how to insert a beautiful detail or classic furniture to bring that sophisticated look to your living room or bedroom? Now you know how to use the classic style in the current decor! No more excuse !!!
- How to hide a beam, column, projection, … inside a home
- 45 + Home Office Decor Ideas for your Perfect Work at Lovely Home #work
- 60 Montessori Room Options That Are a Flush Explosion!
- How to decorate a rectangular living room. 40 photos, ideas and tips
- 20 ideas for Spanish Style bathroom design with Mediterranean charm
- 29 Bathroom Decor Apartment Modern #bathroom #bathroomapartment #bathroomdecorap
- Bathroom Shelves: +50 Charming Decorated Models!
- Tileless bathrooms. Ideas for covering the walls of a bathroom without tiling
- Sliding Doors for Bedroom: Modern and Elegant Models!
- 35 Folding Tables That Can Also Be Installed in Walls!
- 15 ideas to paint a headboard on the wall and decorate the bedroom
- Gamer Room: 24 Radical Projects That Will Surprise You!
- Kitchens without tiles, different and daring
- Puffs for the Room: 48 Models Modern and Lovely!
- 36 Small Kitchen Tables that Give Harmony to the Decor!
- Autumn Decoration
- Children Room
- Christmas Decoration
- Decorating Tips
- Decorating Trends
- Decoration Ideas
- Dining Rooms
- Do It Yourself
- Embroidery Art
- Famous Houses
- Home Decor
- Home Office
- Living Room
- Sewing Crafts
- Spring Decoration
- Winter Decoration
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019