Table of Contents
It’s not just about being beautiful or being fashionable! Having a space to allow and expose your child’s artistic expression, from the first scribbles, is important for his development. Much! And in many ways! And the best part: It takes up virtually no space!
10 reasons to create a creative space in your children’s room
Open a space for the child (or children) to put whatever they want, without too strict rules (and no matter how small), draw, play with canvas, fabrics, paints, paper pens, putty, pencil … and frame or leaving your “works” exposed in some way brings the following benefits:
1) Stimulates motor coordination – with the handling of pens, chalk, pencils it will be easier to learn to write, for example.
2) Stimulates creativity – Want something more important for your child’s future professional success? The space in which he can do “whatever he wants” is an area of experience that he will have in mind in the future.
3) Reinforces self-esteem – “Valuing” any child’s autonomous “production” makes him less afraid of being creative and doing original things in the future.
4) Stimulates the organization – Having his “creation space” defined, the child can learn about limits and it will make it easier for him to learn to organize things in the bedroom.
5) Stimulates the senses – The touch and the vision, mainly, are “matured” by the contact with colors, textures and diverse materials.