The use of balconies has undergone a major transformation over the years, small apartments: Before, often until little used, it was a resting area, with little tables, chairs and some plants, was also becoming the stage of family reunions, with small grills, soon called “gourmet balconies“
The gourmet balconies began to be used like this: Separated from the room, in balconies of medium to large and open, with body guard (Photos: Project Architect Adriana Noya and wedding site)
Then we started to see some closed with glasses (Photos: CasaAbril and CasaeJardim)
(Photos: decorfacil and CasaClaudia)
(Photos: Acervodeinterior and casatreschic) Note: Bamboo mosso needs full sun and a plant should never be placed in a small space for its size so
(Photos: Arquitrecos and Decorfacil)
Sometimes they remain open or separated from the rooms, some of them feature new features, such as home-offices or mini bars and listening to music
(Photos: casatreschic and previous acervode)
And dining and cafe areas
(Photos: CasaeJardim and Comprandomeuape)
And now they start, with the smaller footage, the balconies are being closed out and incorporated totally into the living room and sometimes into the kitchen to increase the space, smaller and smaller.
(Photos: minhacasaminhacara – Project PietroTerlizzi and Julia Ribeiro – Design doob arquitectura)
Creating Larger Dining / Dining Rooms
(Photos: elmueble and casaabril)
And even having the kitchen functionality transferred to her
(Photos: Project TRIA Architecture and projects habitissimo)
Creative ways to feel more space and make better use of space
(Photos: Luis Gomes – FCK Study Project)
The total integration of the balcony into the internal area is a more complicated project that requires architects / engineers and condominium permission (if applicable).
It is necessary to analyze structure, ventilation, solar illumination, incidence of winds and other characteristics of the property, besides the evaluation if the space gained is worth the investment. With balconies too small evaluate well before spending too much to have a few inches …
Interesting design of Studio Ela Arquitetura in partnership with Carol Dantas which includes the laundry on the integrated porch
(Photos: Projeto Renato Andrade and Erika Mello and Project Pietro Terlizzi)
And so the houses the environments and the use we give them are changing in time … Is not it interesting?
- How to hide a beam, column, projection, … inside a home
- 45 + Home Office Decor Ideas for your Perfect Work at Lovely Home #work
- 60 Montessori Room Options That Are a Flush Explosion!
- How to decorate a rectangular living room. 40 photos, ideas and tips
- 20 ideas for Spanish Style bathroom design with Mediterranean charm
- 29 Bathroom Decor Apartment Modern #bathroom #bathroomapartment #bathroomdecorap
- Bathroom Shelves: +50 Charming Decorated Models!
- Tileless bathrooms. Ideas for covering the walls of a bathroom without tiling
- Sliding Doors for Bedroom: Modern and Elegant Models!
- 35 Folding Tables That Can Also Be Installed in Walls!
- 15 ideas to paint a headboard on the wall and decorate the bedroom
- Gamer Room: 24 Radical Projects That Will Surprise You!
- Kitchens without tiles, different and daring
- Puffs for the Room: 48 Models Modern and Lovely!
- 36 Small Kitchen Tables that Give Harmony to the Decor!
- Autumn Decoration
- Children Room
- Christmas Decoration
- Decorating Tips
- Decorating Trends
- Decoration Ideas
- Dining Rooms
- Do It Yourself
- Embroidery Art
- Famous Houses
- Home Decor
- Home Office
- Living Room
- Sewing Crafts
- Spring Decoration
- Winter Decoration
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019